Senior - B O F I - Member FDIC
Links
Archives
December 2005
January 2006
April 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
Got a task or chore you need to get done but are having trouble starting? It happens to all of us, often without rhyme or reason. You know what I mean; maybe you need to balance your checkbook or make a call and you find yourself doing anything but.

One way to nudge yourself to do something like this is to bookend it with a friend. It works like this:

You call a friend and tell them you are going to do X and you commit to calling them back when X is complete.

Such a call might sound like this: Hi Carol, I’m going to spend 20 minutes sorting out the kitchen drawer; I’ll call you back when I’m done, or “Hey Bill, I’m going shopping for my wife’s anniversary present. I’ll call back when I’m home with the present wrapped.

I’ve found it works even if I’m only leaving a message on my friend’s answering machine. There’s something about creating instant accountability that makes the chore easier to start and complete.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?